Vegan Irish Potatoes
If you're from the Philadelphia area these are a St. Patrick's Day must have! Not from Ireland...Not a potato anywhere... These delicious treats are made from cream cheese, coconut, and cinnamon.
Perfect candy to make with kids.
1/4 cup Earth Balance butter, cold is fine
4 oz (½ tub) Tofutti cream cheese, cold is fine
2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups confectioners sugar
2 ½ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- Hand mixer or upright mixer is fine for this recipe. In bowl Tofutti cream cheese, earth balance butter and coconut oil (I break it up a bit before I put in a mixer but don’t worry it will blend in).
- On medium-low blend until combined.
- Turn mixer down to low add 1 cup of sugar at a time and mix until combined with each addition of sugar.
- Add vanilla
- Add coconut flakes, mix until combined
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours
- After chilling roll out all the centers of potatoes, laying on parchment after. You want them the same size and shape of a large grape. If they start to get soft, put back in the refrigerator.
- In a shallow bowl add about 2 Tbsp. cinnamon, roll the coconut centers in the cinnamon and shake off the extra.
- Store in the refrigerator.
|Tofutti, Earth Balance, and coconut oil|
|Coconut Creme Filling|
|Roll out all the Irish potatoes before rolling them in cinnamon|
|Roll the coconut creme centers in cinnamon, shaking off the extra cinnamon|