Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
This chocolate cake recipe I've made to so many times, I know it by heart. It's so easy and delicious. The cake is light and moist with a great crust. I used peanut butter frosting but any frosting would workgreat. Perfect for kids with dairy allergies.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Makes 12 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350
1 1/2 cup AP Flour
1 cup Sugar
6 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 cup Brewed Coffee, cooled
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
2 tsp. Vanilla
- Sift all the dry ingredients with a metal strainer into a large bowl. In a medium bowl mix wet ingredients and then pour over dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake wrappers
- Fill ¾ of the way with filling.
- Bake 18- 20 minutes, until cupcakes are finished baking. Cakes will be puffed and toothpick comes out clean.
This frosting is on the dense side, and not sickening sweet, think candy center. It's got a ton of peanut butter flavor.
Peanut Butter Frosting
½ Cup Tofutti Cream Cheese, room temp.
1 Cup Peanut Butter, creamy
3 Tbsp. Soy or Almond Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Put everything in a large bowl with hand mixer blend until smooth. Careful not to over mix! The peanut butter can give the frosting an oily look if blended to long. I like a pastry bag with a large star tip to ice.
Here's how I did it!
|mix until just combined|
|Fill 3/4 of the way up with batter|
|Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, cool cupcakes on rack before frosting|