Grilled Tofu Tacos with Peppers and Onions vegan
Grilled Tofu Tacos with Peppers and Onions
Simple, Delicious, Quick and Nutritious
Vegan and Gluten Free
Green MarinadeThis is not only a marinade it also makes a great dip or spread.
Zest of 1 lime
juice of 2 limes
1 Tbsp. soy sauce, ( gluten free if needed)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 scallions, white and green part- chopped
1 Tbsp. grated ginger
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup canola oil
- In blender- soy sauce, lime juice and zest, garlic, scallions, ginger, cilantro. Pulse on low to get everything moving. Slowly pour in oil and blend until combined.
Grilled Tofu in Green Marinade
- Let tofu drain in colander for thirty minutes while preparing green marinade.
- Slice tofu into ½ inch slices (about 9 slices).
- Lay tofu pieces flat in a 9x9 glass shallow pan and pour green marinade over, flip the tofu over so both sides get covered in marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes up to over night.
- On stovetop grill on medium high brush the grill with oil of your choice.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes before checking it, the more you play with the tofu on the grill the more it will break and stick.
- Remove from grill and cut in half so it fits in taco better and lay on platter, top with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
Fajitas style Peppers and Onions1 red belle pepper
1 belle pepper (other color)
1 white onion
- Slice peppers and onion into strips, set aside. In a cast iron skillet on medium heat add oil -when hot add sliced peppers and onion.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, stir with a wooden spoon.
- Serve right in cast iron skillet.
Smokey Chile lime MayoVegan
|These corn tortillas I ordered from Door to Door Organics and it came with my produce order.|
Great quality and flavor