Ramp Linguini with Morels- it's vegan & it's what's for dinner!
Homemade Ramp Linguini with Morel Mushrooms, Scallions and Edamame
Dinner for 4
1 recipe of ramp pasta rolled out and cut into quarter inch strips. (Recipe 4.29.13)
Ingredients1/4 pound morel mushrooms, washed and drained
3 scallions, cut on an angle- white and green part
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup frozen edamame, rinsed in hot water to bring them up to room temperature
Salt and pepper to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
3 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
4 stems of thyme, stems removed
Directions for Ramp Pasta
(Follow the recipe for ramp pasta on the 4.29.13 blog)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, make sure to salt the water- as salty as the sea!
- In a medium bowl- Edamame, lemon juice and zest, cut scallions and herbs, having everything ready for the pasta to finish cooking is key to a perfectly cooked pasta dish.
- In a large iron skillet (this has to be able to hold a pound of pasta) on medium add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, let the oil get hot add your morel mushrooms. Move them around in the oil to get coated. Continue to sauté moving them around the pan often.
- After 6-8 minutes of sautéing and the mushrooms are soft and cooked through add your wine to the mushrooms and add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Turn the pasta down to a simmer, stir gently to prevent sticking and add your bowl of accouterments to the reducing wine, stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pasta will take 3- 5 minutes to cook.
- With a hand colander or strainer add the cooked pasta right from the boiling water to the mushroom mixture, mixing gently careful not to break up the pasta. If more liquid is needed add 1/2 cup pasta water.
Serve family style, to make it extra fancy add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and lemon zest.
Here's How I did it!
|Roll out your ramp pasta, fold over so it is easier to cut into strips.|
|Lay pasta out to dry on a tea towel|
|Wash, drain and dry morels before cooking|
|Mise en Place! Have edamame, lemon, herbs ready to be added to the muchrooms the last minute of cooking|
|Morels cooking in the white wine|
|Add your bowl of accouterments to the reducing wine, stir.|