Homemade Vanilla Extract
I’ve always believed that homemade gifts are best! I love when friends tell me they still have ornaments I made them 20 years ago, it really means a lot to me. Nothing says I love and I care about you more than spending your time making them something special.
- 6 Whole Vanilla Bean Pods
- 16 oz Vodka, the cheaper the better
- 2- 8 oz or 1 16 oz Wide Mouth Mason Jar
- Slice down the center of each bean pod to expose the seeds.
- Place in mason jar and cover with vodka.
- Twist on lid and shake, place in dark cool place for at least 30 days.
- I check on them once a week and give them a shake.
Sometimes I just keep the vanilla pods in the vanilla and just add a ribbon and a tag or I sometime strain out the the bean pods and pour the extract into a smaller container.
I but my vanilla beans from Mainly Mushrooms LLC, he always has the best prices and the best quality stuff!