These walnuts are sweet, crunchy and spicy, just as addictive as potato chips.
Perfect hostess gift or party favor presented in mason jars. I like to make up gift baskets with cookies, truffles, jellies and spiced walnuts for holiday presents, my friend and family really enjoy them every year.
- 8 Cups Whole Walnuts
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Chipotle Chile Powder
- ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 3 Tbsp Organic Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large bowl add walnuts and spices, mix with spoon. Pour in canola oil and gently mix until lightly combined.
- Transfer to ½ Sheet pan and smooth out flat. Place in oven on middle rack.
- Roast 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to insure even toasting.
- Remove from oven when walnuts are cooked through and golden.
Careful there is a very fine line between toasted and burnt walnuts.