Raspberry Lemon Linzer Cookies, Vegan
My Raspberry Linzer cookies look as beautiful as they taste so they make the perfect gift! I make them every Christmas and Valentine’s Day. They are light, flaky and tender with a hint of lemon in the dough and filling. This recipe is nut free and vegan which makes them classroom party friendly!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Raspberry Lemon Linzer Cookies
- 1 Cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (2 Sticks), Room Temperature
- 3 oz Tofutti Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- ½ Cup Sugar (I Use Organic Cane Sugar)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
Makes 16, 3 inch Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter and Tofutti until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla and lemon zest, blend until combined.
- Sift in flour and salt, blend. Careful not to over mix.
- Transfer on to plastic wrap and form into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Cut dough in half and on a lightly floured surface roll out dough until about ¼ inch thick. Cut out circles with 2.5 -3-inch cookie or biscuit cutter. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Continue with other half of dough.
- With a decorative 1-inch cookie cutter cut out centers of half of the cookies. Place centers on prepared cookie sheet for bite-size cookies.
- Combine all dough scraps and chill before rolling out again.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Carefully transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely before filling with jam mixture.
To make Filling
- Stir together in a medium bowl raspberry jam, lemon juice and lemon zest, set aside.
- Spread filling on the solid cookie rounds top with cut out cookie rounds.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Store in airtight container.