Fast and Easy Summer Meals for Busy Days Part Two- Grilled Tofu in Lemony- Herbs De Provence Vinaigrette and Garden Quinoa Salad
Lemony with Herbs De Provence and whole grain mustard. Perfect for Marinades or as a dressing. Make a lot you'll put it on everything!
Here are three recipes that utilize late summer vegetables, perfect to make in advance and have on hand for weekday meals.
Herb and Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Lemon, Zest and Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Dried Herbs De Provence
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Agave
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Canola oil
- In a medium size bowl add everything together but the two kinds of oils. Mix until combined with wire whip.
- After mixture is combined slowly pour in oils one at a time while whisking.
- Transfer into a glass jar and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Will lasted for at least 3 weeks.
Here are a few of my favorite things that taste amazing using this dressing!!
Grilled Marinaded TofuI like extra firm tofu and I drain it in a colander with a bowl on top to help drain some of the extra water. I grill a bunch so I have extra for lunches, sandwiches and snacks.
- 1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Herb and Lemon Vinaigrette
- Slice drained tofu into 1/2 inch slices and carefully place in zip top bag or in shallow container. Pour vinaigrette over tofu and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or as long as over night.
- Grille on hot grill pan or on outside grille for five minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Garden Quinoa SaladChopped full with all your late summer extra garden veggies and quinoa in the same herb and lemon vinaigrette. Perfect to have on hand for lunch on the go or a quick dinner. A great chilled salad to take to your next party.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Green Beans
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Tomato, Seeded and Diced 1/2 Inch
- 4 Scallions, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Lemon and Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to the package directions, set aside to cool.
- Cut red pepper in half and remove seed and stem, cut in half again to make four flat pieces. Remove stems from green beans and slice zucchini in planks. Place all three veggies in bowl cover with oil, set aside.
- Grill peppers, green beans and zucchini on outside or inside grill, let cool. Cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- In a large bowl add quinoa, diced grilled veggie mix, red onion, tomato, scallions and parsley. Mix together until combined.
- Add lemon and herb vinaigrette and salt and pepper.
- Check for seasoning and store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.