Applesauce Spice Cake with Maple Glaze, Vegan
This cake is so easy to make and is a show stopper! The perfect fall dessert, full of flavor from homemade applesauce and warming fall spices. I finish the applesauce cake with a drizzle of maple glaze but a dusting of powdered sugar would be fantastic too. This is a light and fluffy cake with a tender crumb and I dust the bundt pan with raw sugar before adding the batter which gives the cake a delicious crispy crust.
I used homemade applesauce for this recipe but any unsweetened applesauce would be just fine.
Applesauce Spice Cake, Vegan
- 1 Cup Oil (Canola)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Applesauce
- 1 Cup Small Diced Apples (I leave the skin on)
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Cardamon
- About 20 Grates of Whole Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (I used Organic Cane Sugar)
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
Grease a 10 inch bundt pan and dust with raw sugar, being careful to make sure to cover completely so cake does not stick.
- In a medium size bowl mix together all wet ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients, whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix with rubber spatula until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and place on sheet pan.
- Make sure oven rack is placed in center and bake for 50 minutes to an hour until cake is cooked through.
- Cool for 10 minute in bundt pan before turning over onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- Mix together and drizzle over cooled cake.
|Dust with Sugar in the Raw|
|Ready for the oven!|
|Cool on wire rack|