Resolution Kale Salad In Citrus Soy Vinaigrette
Happy New Year! This is my first post in awhile…..Busy with life I guess but with the New Year I’ve decided to take a little bit of time out of the week for me. Getting back into the kitchen and cooking for me and my blog is my New Year’s Resolution this year. I also need to lose this baby weight, my pre-baby clothes are calling me and I will wear them again! So this salad will help with that! -Delicious, good for you and great way to use up all those holiday grapefruit!
Resolution Kale Salad
1 Cup Diced Roasted Butternut Squash
4 Cups Chopped Kale
1 Whole Grapefruit Cut Into Supremes, (Reserve Juice For Vinaigrette)
½ Whole Avocado, Cubed
½ Cup Chopped Cashews
Citrus Soy Vinaigrette
Salt and Pepper To Taste
- *Roasting Butternut Squash -Peel butternut squash, remove seeds, dice into ½ inch cubes. Coat with oil, salt and pepper, place on sheet tray and roast at 425 until tender about 30 minutes. Cool.
- In large bowl add chopped kale as a splash of the grapefruit juice and rub it into the chopped kale.
- Add grapefruit supremes, avocado and cashews to kale. Pour Citrus Soy Vinaigrette over to coat. Gently toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Citrus Soy Dressing
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
¼ Cup Grapefruit Juice
1 Whole Lime, Juice And Zest
1 Tbsp Honey or Agave
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
½ tsp. Salt
Pepper To Taste
½ Cup Canola Oil
- In mason jar add soy sauce, citrus juices and lime zest, honey, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix with spoon to combine.
- Add canola oil, top with lid and shake. Refrigerated unused vinaigrette. Will keep in refrigerator for 2 weeks.